Everything you ever wanted to know about our EGO electronic cigarette starter kit.
The EGO is the most popular large battery electronic cigarette in the e-cig market. It combines the convenience of two long lasting 650mah lithium ion batteries with the quality and compatibility of the 510 atomizer. The atomizer is well recognized as the best all around atomizer, creating the most consistent vapour production, consistent throat hit, and long fantastic durability. All of my EGO electronic cigarette kits, as well as every EGO accessory and component are all manufactured in compliance with the certificate of conformity (CE). Your starter kit also comes with an unconditional 30 day warranty on all parts.
EGO electronic cigarette breakdown:
The EGO electronic cigarette consists of five parts: The cartridge, the atomizer, the atomizer cover, the battery, and the indicator light.
The EGO cartridge holds approximately 1ml of e-liquid. It comes from the factory with a white poly-fill inside which should be filled with e-liquid. Replacement cartridges come in packs of 5 and can be purchased here.
- Weight: 1g
- Length: 3.2mm
- Length (inserted into atomizer) 2.5mm
- Made of: Plastic
- Diameter: 10mm
How to Clean your cartridges:
- Remove white poly-fill with a pair of needle nosed tweezers.
- Rinse cartridge under hot water, allowing water to enter from both the top and the bottom.
- Rinse poly-fill under hot water, twisting it slowly in your fingers (to retain its shape)
- Blow out the cartridge, wiping off any excess water.
- Roll the poly-fill in paper towel and press on it to remove water.
- Re-insert poly-fill into cartridge.
When to replace: Some people bite their cartridges (myself included), and the top can become filled with bite marks and indentations. Also, if you pop the cartridge off and on a lot, it will eventually lose its tight connection to the atomizer. If this happens, it is time to replace your cartridge.
Choking hazard: If you bite hard on the end of your cartridge, the lid of the cartridge can pop off. This could create a choking hazard.
The EGO atomizer is the part of the electronic cigarette that vaporizes the e-liquid. It uses a heating coil at its base that instantly vaporizes e-liquid. On top of the heating coil is a wick, which helps pool the e-liquid directly on top of the heating coil. The atomizer also contains a metal bridge that holds in place a metal mesh. This mesh is designed to transfer e-liquid from the cartridge to the wick and heating coil. The atomizer comes with a thin layer of primer liquid. This liquid is designed to prevent the atomizer from breaking down before it is used. Follow the steps below in basic cleaning 1 to remove this primer liquid before using.
- Weight: 4g
- Length: 3mm (with thread) 2.5mm (threaded into battery)
- Diameter: 10mm
After a time, atomizers will begin to develop residue from the e-liquid. If your atomizer starts losing some of its performance, it probably needs to be cleaned. Below are a number of time tested methods for cleaning your atomizer.
Basic Cleaning 1: (Nickname: Blowing out your atomizer)
- Remove atomizer from battery & cartridge:
- Take a piece of paper towel - 1 inch by 4 inches - twist paper towel into a point.
- Insert pointed paper towel into bottom hole of atomizer (large hole) and blow into top of atomizer
- Repeat process until paper towel is dry
Basic Cleaning 2: (Cleaning the threads)
- Remove atomizer from battery and cartridge
- Wet paper towel with rubbing alcohol
- Place threads of battery into paper towel and spin until threads are free of deposits
- Repeat above step with clean dry paper towel
Advanced cleaning 1: (Soaking your atomizer)
- Remove atomizer from battery & cartridge
- Place atomizer in boiling water for 10 minutes, or vodka overnight
- Blow out atomizer using paper towel method above
- Allow to dry overnight.
Advanced cleaning 2: (Dry burning your atomizer)
- Remove cartridge from atomizer (keep battery attached)
- Start atomizer and blow down into the atomizer from the top for 2-3 seconds.
- Wait 10 seconds for atomizer to cool
- Repeat step two until you can see the heating coil burning orange.
- Your heating coil should now be free from contaminants
The atomizer will last anywhere from 1-6 months, depending on a number of factors. These factors include how often it is used and how well it is maintained. Here are some tips for extending the life of your atomizer:
- Never use an atomizer without e-liquid
- Never use an atomizer without airflow (drawing air or blowing air)
- Never allow an atomizer to be on for more than 10 seconds continuously
- Allow time between uses for the atomizer to cool down before using again (10-20 seconds should suffice)
- Keep atomizers upright when possible if not using for an extended period
- If you hear a gurgling sound when inhaling, you have too much e-liquid in your atomizer. Follow the basic cleaning 1 to clean your atomizer
- If your atomizer tastes burnt, you are not using enough e-liquid.
The EGO batteries are 650mah lithium ion batteries. They are manual (push button) batteries, which most vapors love as it gives them control of their electronic cigarette. The batteries are memory-free, so you don't need to wait for the battery to fully discharge before recharging it. The indicator light on the battery lights up blue when the button is depressed, letting you know the e-cig is working. When the battery needs a charge, the battery light will flash.
- Length: 7.2mm
- Diameter: 15 mm
- Weight: 28g
- Time between charges: 8-16 hours
- Charge time: 2-3 hours
- Operating temperature: -5'C - +42'C
The batteries are closed batteries. This means that there is no access to the battery from the outside. This means that no e-liquid can ever get inside the battery. If you direct drip with your electronic cigarette, you will never have to worry about battery problems from e-liquid seeping into the battery.
- Remove battery from atomizer
- Twist a paper towel piece into a point
- Moisten the paper towel with rubbing alcohol
- Insert paper towel point into battery where the threads are, and twist the paper towel inside the crevice.
- Repeat above steps with clean paper towel
Electronic cigarette batteries, like laptop and cell phone batteries will eventually start to lose their full capacity. Te EGO batteries are designed to last 300+ charges at full capacity, after which time they will begin to last a shorter and shorter length. This is an expected circumstance, and no preventative measures can be done. When your battery starts to lose its charge, it is time to replace with a new EGO battery. Please dispose of battery properly. There are several stores that offer rechargable battery recycling, including The Home Depot, Zellers, Home Hardware, & Sears.
The EGO electronic cigarette kit comes with a two piece charging system. The battery can be screwed directly into the usb charger, and then connected to any device that has a USB port. Examples include computers, laptops, Xbox, PS3, etc. The usb charger can also be attached to the included AC adapter, and plugged into a wall plug. When the charger has power the indicator will be green. The light on the charger will blink and then change to red when it begins charging a battery. When the battery is fully charged, the indicator light will return to green.
Notes about your EGO charger:
- Do not use different AC adapter to plug USB adapter into.
- Charge batteries at temperature above 10'C
- DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN BATTERIES - Only twist battery until the confirmation light blinks on the battery and charger. Over-tightening can cause the charger to crack.
- Do not use charger near liquid, in a washroom, or anywhere water may be present
- Charger not designed for outdoor use.
EGO electronic cigarette indicator light:
The light in the button of the EGO electronic cigarette is called the indicator light. When you use the device the indicator light will glow blue to indicate the unit is operational. The battery also blinks when connected to a charger, indicating the battery is charging. If the battey needs to be recharged, the indicator light will flash.
Optional EGO accessories/addons:
A cartomizer is an atomizer and a cartridge in one unit. Cartomizers are designed to be a disposable item. Cartomizers can hold 1.3ml of e-liquid, and can be refilled 5-10 times before being discarded.
EGO Carrying Case:
The EGO carrying case is prefect for getting around with your EGO electronic cigarette. It is large enough to hold two complete EGO e-cigs, up to 10ml bottles of e-liquid, extra atomizers, cartomizers, and cartridges.
EGO Drip tip
Drip tips replace the cartridge of your EGO electronic cigarette. They are designed for people who direct drip. Instead of filling up cartridges with e-liquid, direct drippers simply drop 2-3 drops of e-liquid directly onto the top of the atomizer. This method tends to be more work then using cartridges, but often people praise direct dripping as providing more consistency in flavor, throat hit, and vapor production. A drip tip is a plastic piece that fits directly onto the atomizer. It has a hole in the top that you drip your e-liquid into.Buy EGO Drip Tip
Please Visit our Canadian Electronic Cigarette e-store for all your e-cig needs. We carry a large selection of e-cigarettes, accessories, and e-liquid. If you are new to e-cigarettes, visit our Beginners guide, or read a few Studies completed on electronic cigarettes.