Thank you for purchasing the EGO CE4 clearomizer starter kit! The CE4 clearomizer is a new and simple to use clearomizer, taking the fuss out of vaping. Its simplicity makes it popular for beginners, and its capabilities make it popular for advanced users. It combines the ease of use of a tank with the consistent reliable style of a cartomizer. It is simple to fill, holds 1.6ml of e-liquid, and lasts a long time. It has a sealed bottom that will not leak, and provides hours of vaping between fills. The CE4 clearomizer is disposable, but testing has shown average lifetime of 1-2 months.
The EGO CE4 starter kit comes complete with:
- Two 650mah lithium ion rechargeable batteries
- Two 510 CE4 atomizers- version 2.0
- One USB corded charger
- One AC Charger
- One Needle Tip dripper (for bottles)
Starting your EGO CE4 Starter Kit
STEP #1: Charge the batteries!
The batteries in your EGO CE4 kit come with some battery power from the manufacture, but it is recommended to charge your batteries to full capacity before their first use. MANUFACTURES CHARGING RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEW BATTERY:
- Charge for 8 hours - continue charging even if USB charger light turns green
- Remove and use for 20 minutes
- Charge for an additional 1 hour
To charge the batteries you can use a standard USB plug from any computer, laptop, PS3, etc. use a wall outlet using the AC adapter. Charge time for a dead battery are approximately 2-3 hours.
NOTE: Not all USB plugs are the same. It is recommend to use only USB ports that are directly connected to the computer and not extension USB ports. The voltage required for the USB charger may not be met by some laptop and extension USB connections.
When charging your battery, simply screw the battery clockwise into the USB charger until the light on the charger changes from green to red. When the light is red, the battery is charging. The light on the charger will turn green when the battery is fully charged.
Important notes and safety precautions about charging your EGO battery:
- DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE BATTERIES ON THE CHARGER. Over-tightening the battery in the USB charger can cause the charger or battery to malfunction. Turn the battery slowly only until the light on the charger turns from green to red.
- Always plug the USB charger in before the 510 battery. Ensure the light on the USB charger is green before charging the battery.
STEP #2: Learn the parts of your EGO electronic cigarette.
The EGO CE4 is a simple device with just two parts. From the bottom to the top, they are called:
- The battery. The battery is a 650mah lithium ion rechargeable battery.
- The CE4: The CE4 is a complete atomizer and tank unit that both holds and vaporizes the e-liquid.
Filling up your CE4
Filling up your CE4 clearomizer is fairly straightforward. You can fill a CE4 with a standard drip tip e-liquid bottle, but it may be easier for some to use the optional needle tip. (available Here.
- Remove the mouthpiece by unscrewing counter-clockwise
- Hold the CE4 clearomizer at a 45 degree angle and begin dripping e-liquid along the inside wall of the unit until it is filled to just below the bottom of the rubber cover inside of the unit. It will hold approximately 1.6ml of e-liquid from empty.
- Replace mouthpiece and screw it in clockwise
A few things to keep in mind about your CE4 clearomizer:
- The CE4 clearomizer should never leak from the bottom, as it is a sealed unit. It can however leak from the top if set upside down or on an angle greater then horizontal. Keep this in mind when putting your e-cigarette in your pocket or purse. Always put it in a way so that the mouthpiece is facing up.
- You may find when the tank starts to get low you may experience more dry hits. If this happens try holding the CE4 horizontal and twirling your e-cigarette to allow the last of the e-liquid to wick into the heating coil
- It is a good idea to refill your CE4 before it is completely empty. It should vape well up until it has as little as 0.2ml of e-liquid remaining.
- Most people find the most effective way to vape is to take slower and longer draws then you would with a tobacco cigarette.
- In the event that e-liquid gets trapped in the airflow holes, you may hear a bubbling sound as you vape. Simply take a piece of paper towel and wrap it around the bottom of the CE4 where the airflow holes are located, and blow hard into the mouthpiece several times. This should push the e-liquid out through the air holes and onto the paper towel.
CE4 ModificationsNOTE: ADVANCED!
Rubber Housing Adjustment
This modification is not normally necessary, however a small percentage of clearomizers may experience improved performance with this modification. The rubber cover that seals the mouthpiece sometimes can be a bit too long. By cutting the very bottom of the rubber it can increase the flow of e-liquid to the heating coil, thus increasing performance. NOTE: It is not recommended you do this mod unless you are having performance issues.
- Remove mouthpiece
- Using needle nosed players, gently pull the metal tube out of the CE4 clearomizer. The rubber cap on top of the heating coil will also come out.
- Cut about 1-2mm off of the bottom of the rubber cap.
- Place the metal tube back into the rubber cap.
- Gently re-insert the rubber cap into the clearomizer, being sure it is seated evenly on top of the heating coil.
Battery connection adjustment:
ON a few occasions the connection between the CE4 and the battery can be poor if the positive terminal on the CE4 is pushed in. If you find you try using your CE4 and it doesn't work at all, try adjusting the middle pin of the battery connection. Here is how:
- Remove CE4 from battery
- Look inside of the base of the CE4 (where it connects to the battery). You will see in the middle a metal circle with two slits in it. This is what you want to adjust
- Take a small pair of needle nosed pliers, tweezers, etc. and grab this metal circle. Gently pull this circle just a millimeter or two. This should allow it to connect better with the battery.
CLEANING YOUR CE4 CLEAROMIZER: This is a great tutorial for cleaning your CE4 clearomizer. If the inside gets gunky or your clearomizer starts under performing, giving it a little clean can revitalize it. NOTE: I recommend using distilled water to clean, not tap water.